Background: As part of its annual operational audits of this CTS Impact client’s 850 manufacturing facilities, field audits were performed globally on a rotational basis, driven by an annual risk assessment.
Due to resource-constraints, this client needed experienced auditors with manufacturing industry experience who could quickly ramp-up to execute audit plans related to operational efficiency, financial controls and IT systems controls.
CTS Impact Solution: With significant depth in large, complex manufacturing environments, CTS Impact deployed a team of experienced Internal Auditors to perform the following:
- Develop test plans based on internal control questionnaires (ICQ)
- IT (using COBIT/ITGI framework)
- Perform testing and document audit findings
- Identify operational inefficiencies
- Conduct closing meetings with business units to communicate findings and recommendations
- Prepare audit reports