Background: In order to manage a global Sarbanes-Oxley 404 corporate compliance program, business tools needed to be developed and maintained to analyze and track progress, manage resource utilization and control costs. The diverse program encompassed a team of 30 professionals across numerous legal entities in over 50 countries. Due to the varying levels of detail to meet the information requirements of the constituents (e.g. field operations, Steering Committee, Audit Committee), status reporting presented some unique challenges.
CTS Impact Solution: As the Global SOX Project Manager, CTS Impact supported the full life-cycle of this multi-year program:
- Project plan updates and status reporting
- Develop standard reporting tools to monitor and analyze progress on a global basis
- Functional design of project intranet site
- Coordination of all compliance activities (financial operations and IT systems)
- Documentation of key controls
- Remediation oversight
- Foreign operations support – CTS Impact staff worked on-site across Europe and Latin America to provide hands-on assistance to the operating business units with all phases of this compliance program.